Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, we love having visitors! Send us an email or give us a call to schedule a tour of the farm.
Yes, We are certified by Certified Naturally Grown (CNG). CNG follows these practices;
1) No use of synthetic chemical pesticides, fungicides, or fertilizers
2) Employing holistic practices that work with nature to address pest, disease, and nutrient challenges, minimizing the use of approved sprays, treatments, and amendments
3) Investing in our soil, water, wildlife, and air with ecological practices such as conserving water, planting cover crops, rotating crops, preserving buffer strips, and protecting pollinator habitats.
4) Using organically produced seeds and never using chemically treated or genetically modified seeds.
5) Providing animals with a healthy environment, sufficient room to grow and thrive, and feed that's free from any hormones or antibiotics
6) Always striving to enhance the positive environmental impacts of production, minimize any negative impacts, and continually improve the sustainability of the operation.
We are big fans of Harmony 5-4-3 organic fertilizer! This fertilizer is made from 100% all natural composted poultry layer manure.
We manage our weeds through hand-pulling and hoeing. We also leverage mulching and at the beginning of the season tractor cultivation.
For bug control we use different types of OMRI listed products depending on the type of crops and insects we are dealing with. Other methods used are daily monitoring of the crops, rotating crops, and pest-repelling plants such as lavender, marigolds, and basil.
Yes! We are excited to be accepted into the Greensboro Farmers Curb Market located off of Yanceyville St. and the Piedmont Triad Farmers Market located off of Sandy Ridge Rd. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook at kendalls.garden to stay up to date on what days and locations we will be at.